Welcome to the 3rd annual Peachtree Festival of the Arts! This event is sure to become a mainstay in the Atlanta Arts community. The Festival will showcase a wide variety of artistic disciplines including painting, metalwork, fiber art, ceramics, jewelry, woodcraft and more.
The 2014 Peachtree Hills Festival of the Arts call for entries.
April 11, 2014: Application deadline
April 16, 2014: Jury meets
April 17: Notification of acceptance
May 9, 2014: Deadline to accept invitation and purchase
May 31-June 1, 2014: Festival
WHAT ARE THE FEES?
Application fee: $25 ($35 for mail in)
Standard Booth Fee: $225
Corner Upgrade: $75 (limited availability)
Double Booth Fee: $450 (10x20)
Electricity: $50 (limited availability)
SUPPLY STORES, HOTELS & MOTELS
to view or download this helpful information.
to view or download the form you'll need.
DIRECTIONS AND ARRIVAL INSTRUCTIONS
Help us improve the festival by completing the survey.
Atlanta Foundation for Public Spaces
P.O. Box 422571
Atlanta, GA 30342
Copyright © 2011 The Atlanta Foundation for Public Space. All rights reserved.
Artist booths and site map
Artist booth assignments are sent by email to all participants in advance.
A map is handed out at check in showing assigned spaces.
In the meantime, get acquainted with the site plan on this page.
(NOTE: You can enlarge it by clicking "View" and "Zoom" in your browser.)
FRIDAY, MAY 30 SET UP: Peachtree Hills Ave. will be closed at approximately 10:00 a.m. on Friday, May 30 to allow for participants to arrive for check in and set up. After unloading, participants will drive forward along the festival route to the end, then turn right to park in the ADAC parking lot. Follow the signs!
During the festival, we ask that all participants park in designated parking only, not in the neighborhood side streets. Instructions will also be handed out at check in.
SAT. - SUN., MAY 31-JUNE 1 PARKING: Participants should enter from Piedmont Rd, NE on to Lindbergh. Turn left on Peachtree Hills Ave. and proceed to parking at ADAC.
Check in - When and Where to Arrive
WHEN: Check in begins at 12:00 noon and ends at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, May 30. You have all day to set up! There will be overnight security.
WHERE: Enter from Peachtree Street at Peachtree Hills Ave. Make an immediate turn on to Fairhaven Circle NE. Follow the yellow "EVENT" arrow signs posted along Fairhaven, then Virginia Pl. NE to arrive at Check In.
Do NOT attempt to enter from Peachtree Hills Ave. from Peachtree Street. Do NOT attempt to enter from Piedmont at Lindbergh.
We will have a "last minute" check in on Saturday, May 31 from 8-9 a.m. for sponsors, but this is NOT for artists.
WE URGE YOU TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THE NEIGHBORHOOD USING THE MAPS PROVIDED ON THIS PAGE!
Rules and Regulations
1. The Festival provides only the ground space for exhibits. Each Exhibitor must provide and prepare his/her own displays. We require Exhibitors to use white top tents of EZ UP quality or higher. All tents must be weighted. Most set up will be on grass.
2. Two weeks prior to the Festival, Exhibitors will be notified of their site location and detailed set up information. Plan to set up your booth on Friday before the event from 12 - 8 p.m. Last minute set up is Saturday from 7 - 9 a.m.
3. After unloading Exhibitor vehicles must be moved to designated parking. Vehicles will not be permitted to remain in the exhibition space during the Festival, nor may they enter the Festival grounds until approved by the Festival Committee.
4. Exhibitors shall be responsible for obtaining any required licenses, permits or approvals under state laws applicable to his/her activity at the Festival and for paying any taxes, sales taxes, fees or other charges that may be applicable to any Exhibitor's activity at the Festival.
5. The Festival is a rain or shine event. Cancellations prior to the due date must be made in written form and submitted by mail or email. By mail: send to P.O. Box 422571, Atlanta GA 30342. By email: to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be given for cancellations after the due date or no-shows.
6. The Festival reserves the right to cancel an Exhibitor's contract. The Festival may require the Exhibitor to leave the Festival at any time if the Exhibitor is in violation of any rules and/or regulations stated herein.
7. Neither AFFPS nor its agents or representatives will be responsible for any injury, damage, or loss that may occur to the Exhibitor, the Exhibitor's agents or representatives or his/her property from any cause whatsoever. Exhibitors should obtain, at their own expense, insurance against any loss, damage, or injury they may require.
8. All Artist Market merchandise must be original, handmade and created by the Exhibitor.
Reproductions must be clearly identified as such. Original art must occupy at least 50% of the artist's space. Browse bins may occupy only minimal space and must be aesthetically pleasing and not obstruct patron flow. All artwork on display must be for sale.
9. Artists may only show work in categories approved by the Jury.
10. Artists must be present with their work for the duration of the Festival. No commercial agents, dealers or salespeople may operate an artist's booth.
11. The Artist Market Jury will award Exhibitor applications based on originality of the art and quality of the booth display. Judging will be done on Saturday for Best of Show, Fine Arts; Best of Show, Crafts; 2nd Place; 3rd Place.
A wait list will be maintained. Wait list applicants can be accepted up to and on the day of the Festival.
How the Funds Are Used
The Peachtree Hills Festival is the major fundraising event for Georgia Foundation for Public Spaces, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to building a stronger arts community. The GFPS provides scholarships for artists to help them with their artistic career.
For 2014 Seminars
Peachtree Hills Festival of Arts
Judge for 2014
for more details.